Just my opinion here, but I don’t think you can separate genuine Christmas from worship – they’re more than mutually compatible. I think they’re interdependant. If you give it much thought, it seems pretty impossible to separate the two when you consider that God took on human flesh, humbled Himself to be born into a dark & sinful world, spending His 1st night in a feeding trough for an animal, to an unwed mother. Add to the mix that some wisemen who studied the stars & who were considered to be the philosophers of their day show up with some really nice gifts & fall on their knees to worship this baby, along w some smelly shepherds who had an angelic enounter & were EXTREMELY excited.
Here are some reasons to worship:
- God came to earth to live in human skin
- an angelic announcement got the shepherds all stirred up!
- God warned Joseph about Herod trying to kill baby boys & Joseph protected Jesus by moving to Egypt
- Jesus didn’t “lay low” during His human experience – He was completely & thoroughly engaged w humanity
- Jesus loves us as much today as He did the day He died on the cross
What are some other reasons that cause you to worship Jesus?