I think our lives go through different seasons & timings. Some of these seasons are easier than others. But presently, I seem to find myself in a bit of a frustrating season. It seems like wherever I look, there’s something messed up, missing or not going smoothly. I’ve got some kid challenges – dentist adventures, back to school prep, behavior coaching, etc. I’ve got some work challenges – some changes with how we do our work, some people changes, moving adjustments, etc. Reece is presently leading a missions trip in Haiti, which is TOTALLY EXCELLENT for him, but adds some pressure on me. I could continue with my list, but I think you get the gist & you probably don’t want any help to think about your own frustrations.
So here are some helpful thoughts:
- some frustrations are temporary – when there’s a foreseeable end, it helps to remember that there will be a conclusion
- deal with one thing at a time – when we pile frustration upon frustration they can get overwhelming; looking at them one at a time makes them more manageable
- lessons: it’s important to ask yourself what ways God might be challenging you to grow in (stop procrastinating, self-discipline, time management, etc)
- exercise: there’s alot of merit to getting into some exercise routines to help release stress through physical exercise 🙂
- escaping isn’t always the answer – sometimes there’s no better solution than to look a frustration in the eyes & deal with it head on;
- prayer – this is probably my best tool to deal with frustration: lifting up to God what’s happening or what I’m frustrated about & then listening & watching for His answers & help