Every so often, its really good to have some hefty laughing in our day. Prov 15:13 says that a joyful heart makes a cheerful face & Prov 17:22 says that a joyful heart is good medicine. Some good “medicine” I take every so often is this: Don’t take myself so seriously. It really helps me to get a good laugh from some of the crazy things I’ve done. So here are a few things I’ve done that make me laugh & maybe you’ll get some smiles from these as well 🙂
- I figured out that if you try to “toast” whipped cream, it melts into cream “soup” – yes, I learned this from actually trying it. Details upon request ,)
- last week I pulled up to a couple walking by my friend’s house to say hello, thinking they were my friends, only to discover that they were total strangers. My kids were mortified & I TOTALLY laughed at myself 🙂
- when I was recently preaching in Cambodia, I tried to copy my translator with something he said & made a massive blunder – the crowd & I getting a great laugh together when I figured out what I had said by mistake 🙂
- I’m always laughing at myself whenever I try something new with sports – my lack of coordination is a good laugh for anyone who watches
- bowling: I don’t know what it is about bowling, but whenever I bowl, I get the laughs so hard it becomes virtually impossible to bowl. This was true even before I was married & changed my last name ,)
What are some things that make you laugh???