Everyone has been pretty uptight about the credit downgrade from S&P for the US and this is undoubtably a really big deal. It seems to me that credit & blame sometimes go in the same playing field – credit when it goes well & blame when something fails.
So here are some interesting thoughts / questions:
- how often do we take the credit for God’s work in our lives?
- do our talents & hard work get more applause than God’s hand working in & through us?
- do we blame God for the failures & shortcomings in our lives?
- is taking credit for God’s work in our best interests?
- is the blame game merely the deflection of responsibility or does it have any value?