I’m laughing as I write this blog because I might possibly be the least prepared person you’ll ever meet. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve found some definite disadvantages to the “leap before you look” approach, having gotten myself into all sorts of challenging situations, especially when you consider all of the variables that can go with any kind of international travel. With all that being said, I’m becoming an ever increasing advocate of being prepared & this also applies to the area of my connection with God.
In my experience, I know that God is altogether gracious with me & far exceeds any of my best efforts & I’m crazy grateful for God’s grace to me everyday! While I totally appreciate God’s grace, I’ve also come to the conclusion that my relationship with God seems to have more depth, gravity and fullness when I maintain a few preparation things:
- go to bed early so I can get up early & spend time with God
- talk with God throughout the day – more inclusion & less exclusion / isolation
- understand that God’s connection with me spans the entire spectrum of uber shallow to depths of which I have yet to explore
- fresh forgiveness – super important to keep a clean heart
- unified prioritites: seeing all of the various responsibilities that I have within the context of God using them to improve & enhance my relationship with God 🙂
- have a prepared mindset that God can do any thing at any time 🙂