I hear and see lots of situations that need miracles – including stuff in my own life. I was talking with God about this whole topic of needing miracles yesterday and I was expressing some of my own needs in my prayers. It was an interesting time of prayer because I had the distinct impression that God is always doing miracles, even when we’re unaware. Some of God’s miracles are small & we can easily overlook them because of the busy-ness and demands of everyday living. Some of God’s miracles are camouflaged and aren’t as obvious because they’re not very dramatic. Some of God’s miracles are so big that we altogether miss the experience because we can be so easily focused on something that’s relatively minor. And sometimes we miss God’s miracles because we get too focused on our methods rather than leaving the method stuff in God’s hands. So God is always doing miracles because that’s Who God is – miraculous!
Here are some miracles to consider:
- strength to go through a difficult season
- wisdom in areas where we are totally inept
- provisions that come in unexpected ways
- healing from bitterness, hurts, unforgiveness, etc
- nautre – sunrises, sunsets, ocean tides, the immensity of the universe and the minuteness of a quark