A very nice friend asked me today about overcoming fear & I felt encouraged that I should write about this today 🙂
In relation to fear, there are lots of things that could trouble us: fear of failure, fear of getting hurt, fear of something from the past, fear of falling down, fear of the future, fear of relationships, . . . . . . The Greeks used the term phobia and attached all kinds of things to this word (agrophobia, necrophobia & my personal favorite, snake-o-phobia).
So here are some strategies that could be helpful to overcoming fear:
- do it scared – I stole this outright from Joyce Meyer; she’s uber cool!
- face the fear a little bit at a time rather than to look at the whole thing
- consider that the devil uses fear to control us & that God created us from the very beginning to have authority, dominion & power
- catch fear in the early stage so it doesn’t go stupid
- choose to trust God & reject fear – yes to trust and no to fear
- keep trying – failing is more like practice if we take out the fear ingredient
- remember that 1 John says that perfect love casts out fear!
Feel free to add your own advice & pass this along to your fam & friends! 😀