A few of my kids went to school this morning after a heated conversation. Both had tears in their eyes & it rips me up as their mom to see this tension and strife. Which makes me wonder how God “feels” when we are yucky with each other. The truth is that any relationship worth it’s weight will have to work through conflict. So here are a few pointers to help with this challenge:
- benefit of the doubt: assume the best rather than blame the worst
- double standard: be mindful that you don’t just the other person by actions but ourselves by intentions
- breathing space: sometimes a “cool down” can bring some clarity and options that aren’t available when we are in the heat of a conflict
- be generous: seek to understand before being understood
- forgive well: practice makes perfect
- conclusion: sometimes the best outcome is to agree to disagree without being disagreeable 🙂
Happy Monday to you!