There’s no shortage of material about leadership, so my thoughts here will be brief and concise, but hopefully they will have relevance and be impactful:
- sometimes the best way to grow as a person is by increasing our connections to leadership – by either becoming a leader or more closely supporting the leaders around us
- when there’s a deficiency, it’s often a consequnce of a leadership shortcoming – all leaders need prayer
- leaders make mistakes and mess up because they’re human: Jesus is the only perfect human; leader does not equal perfect
- the journey for learning & growing is often on the uncomfortable path of leadership
- from my experience, I think that the best leaders are the ones who rely the most on God
If you’re a leader in any capacity – WAY TO GO!!! 🙂
I’ve been thinking about leadership lately and while I know there are BOATLOADS of great resources, books, conferences, etc to help us with becoming better leaders, here are just a few brief, but helpful thoughts:
- if you want a particular leadership position, act as a leader for that role before you ever get the title
- leadership requires us to be continually growing and changing lest we become a stiffling lid
- character is more substantial than any title
- effective leadership requires constructive communicating: both listening & talking
- the Jesus’ paradigm of leadership is service over superiority
- if no one is following you, you’re merely taking a walk so enjoy the stroll ,)
- fear is leadership poison
- good leaders foster teamwork over competition
- leaders look for ways to bring out the best in their team & to minimize the weaknesses
- mistakes and failures for leaders aren’t permanent
Just a few quick thoughts on this happy Wed 🙂
I’ve had amazing experiences today – the kind that takes my breath away & pause in awestruck wonder at Gods indescribable work in our lives. This morning, I had the profound honor of getting to minister to well over 1,000 Christian leaders from all over China. For me, this honor is particularly meaningful because of having China in my heart for more than 20 years. I started coming to China as a teenager & fell in love with the people from my 1st trip. So today was extremely powerful – getting to minister about loving Jesus to these fantastic leaders.
Added onto this, I’ve had some absolutely amazing fellowship w some of the highest caliber of people that I’ve ever met. As I sit here writing this, I cannot help but see God’s hand guiding & providing for me. He gives me exactly what I need, when I need it. With this confidence & assurance, it helps me know that I can trust Him to richly supply for my needs. In my better moments, I know that God is beyond good to me & today is one of those better moments (even though I miss my family LOTS). So I will remember this Independence Day especially well – for God’s astounding goodness & love to me.
I pray that today will be filled with a great awareness of God’s outrageous love for you.
Tomorrow morning, I leave for Cambodia to discover what God has for Saving Moses there. Stay tuned!