I’m not a big fan of being nervous. I usually mess stuff up when I’m nervous, make goofy mistakes & generally present myself poorly. I was on an important phone conversation earlier this week & I found myself getting nervous, stuttering, stumbling & sounding less than brainy
So what to do about being nervous? Here are a few helpful ideas:
*prepare ahead of time – usually my biggest downfall
*pray and ask God to give you peace
*stay focused on what’s immediate, not getting overwhelmed by what’s massive
*trust that God is bigger than your humanity & flaws – message out a mess, testimony from a test & redemption from rubble 🙂
Have an awesome weekend!!
Tonight at our church, my husband & I are talking about sex. We’re splitting the audience so he’ll take the guys & I’ll take the chicks. For some quick insight, I HATE talking about this subject. In high school, I scheduled all of my orthodontist appointments to happen during the human sexuality class. Nevertheless, it’s a really important topic and the society in which I live seems to be more & more hyper-sexual.
As I’ve been thinking about what to say, I’ve found it really encouraging that the Bible is not mute on this topic. In fact, it has lots to say about it & you might consider looking into a few of the following references for some reflection: Leviticus 18, Matt 5:27-29, Rom 1:21-32, 1 Cor 6:12-20 & 1 Cor 7:1-5
Of course I could turn this particular post into something steamy & controversial, but I’d prefer to let the Bible do the talking for me on this topic. Of course you are very free & entirely accurate to call me chicken 🙂
Or you can come tonight & get more details ,)
I had some experiences today that had the potential to make me nervous, jittery & anxious – all for good reasons that don’t need the details here. But I think that we all struggle with being anxious, nervous & jittery for various reasons. Hopefully, this might provide some helpful ideas:
- It always helps me when I’m anxious or jittery to take a minute & fix my thoughts on Jesus – gives me some good perspective
- When I’m nervous, I want to be mindful that I’m not snappy with people because, then I feel bad in addition to feeling nervous
- If I have some long-term nervousness going on, sometimes I’ll stop & make a list of the good things that God has done (inventory God’s faithfulness); this helps me to adjust my trust off of the anxiety & onto Jesus
- asking a friend to pray can also be very helpful
- God also reminded me one time that He has more answers than I have questions & that He has more solutions than I have problems – that was super helpful!!
Ps 55:22 says to cast our cares on the Lord because He cares for us.