my daughter has finally grown into the skirt & jacket my brother bought her 2 years ago – she’s really beautiful & very confident!
my son, Benji & i did a butt black yesterday. translation: we got on an expert ski run by accident & slid down on our butts
David & I had a “walking home together” date. We discussed his friends, different books he’s read & kicking rocks
Reece & i took Benji skiing yesterday – he let me sleep in the car on the way home. very peaceful!
Some spiritual thoughts / considerations floating through my mind of late:
- when i feel cold-blooded, i look for the Son to get warm
- contentment is internal & not external – so they say
- God has life for me underneath the frustrations, worries & cares that will change tomorrow
- doing is a consequence of being
- I’m made to be w God
I’ve also been thinking about Jesus’ parable related to living a productive life, so i’ll be blogging on that over the next few days. keep your eyes peeled!
Its been way too long since my last blog! Recently, we were in the mountains w the fam doing some skiing & the place where we were staying didn’t have internet access – no it wasn’t a log cabin w no running water. Its good to be back!! We’ve spent the last 2 weeks w lots of fam activities:
- took the kids skiing a few times – they can now all handle easy blue runs & here are their skiing profiles (reflects their personalities): Isabell – Reece says she cruises along; David – stays close to me & trying his skis out on jumps (I lead because its easier to go fast when you snowboard); Benji – just fast & more fast.
- cooking Christmas turkey – it was ok
- having my friend Laura & her fam stay w us & doing some skiing together
- I read “Into Thin Air” – true story about the very deadly 1996 Mt Everest expedition w various teams
Of course I’ve been thinking about some things w God & while I don’t have answers to many questions, I have a sense of His presence w me. So, I hope your holiday season has left you well basted & ready to move into 2009. May this year be filled w God’s presence in your life more than 2008, in whatever way He choses & may we rest at peace in His choices for us.